The acronym EPDM can stand for a lot of different definitions, but as rubber insulation, EPDM is defined as one of the best insulations for portable power cords in the industry. Portable power cord EPDM Insulation provides all of the following advantages:
- Exceptional ability to resist damage caused by harmful ultraviolet rays and other weather conditions.
- Can withstand temperatures from negative 200°C of up to positive 175°C.
- Stable resistance to moisture and vapor
- Thermal conductivity maintained at a stable low level
- Does not absorb too much water due to its structure
- Fire-resistant and self-extinguishes flames
There are many different types of Portable power cord EPDM Insulation that you can find online and most of these are manufactured both for indoor and outdoor use. The EPDM insulation on the portable power cords also provides better flexibility for the cords so that it can be used for industrial equipment that require heavy use, as well as for use as extension cords when needed in marine docksides, deep mines, for the sound equipment on a large stage, and many others. There are also portable power cords with EPDM insulation that are made specifically for use in vacuum cleaners, food processors, hand tools, other home appliances like washing machines, as well as medical and office equipment.
With all of the various ways in which portable power cords with EPDM Insulation are used, it is no wonder that it is priced heavily, from somewhere around $0.5 to $50 for every meter. Some of the more popular characteristics of the portable power cords that are insulated with EPDM insulation are:
- High amount of resistance to solvents, oil, acids, as well as extreme temperature
- These power cords do not tear or abrade easily
- Retards flames easily
- High resistance to the damage caused by sunlight and water
- Great degree of flexibility and durability. The cords can be rolled into a neat bundle when not in use
If you are not sure whether the power cord that you have is EPDM insulated or not, you can actually test the insulator at home. All you have to do is heat a piece of the insulation in the Microwave for two minutes. If it does not emit any smoke or smell, then you can be sure that you have EPDM insulation on your portable power cord. This test would also prove the fact that the EPDM insulation can work on temperatures of up to 150°C.
If you need further information on EPDM insulation for portable power cords, or just need assistance from an expert technician about the product’s in-depth technical information, there are a lot of toll-free numbers on the internet that you can call. Most online stores do already list a few technical specifications based on the manufacturer’s information for almost every portable power cord that they sell, so there should be very little need for you to contact a specialist or personally go to a hardware store yourself.
Welding cable is a standard one conductor 600 volt power cable with EPDM insulation.
WesBell Electronics Inc