WesBell Electronics

Tray Cable Information

Tray Cable Tray cable comes in 300 volt, 600 volt, shielded, unshielded and individually shielded options for different types of applications. The best thing to do is figure out the least amount of approvals and extras you need to end up with the cheapest type of tray cable you can.

First of all, the 300 volt PLTC (Power Limited Tray Cable) cables are cheaper than 600 volt cables. Do you need all 600 volts for your application?.

The next thing to consider is the cost of the shield. You can save a lot of money by getting the unshielded option if your application is approved for an unshielded tray cable instead. However, if you do need a shield I highly recommend getting one because cutting corners to save money will only hurt you in the long run. There's also an individually shielded tray cable available where each pair will have its own shield and drain wire.

Different types of tray cable have an outer jacket that's approved to be used indoors, outdoors, in conduit and directly underground. That's mostly broken into two categories of direct burial and NOT direct burial. The PLTC cables and tray cables not suitable for underground use are usally approved for everything else (indoors, outdoors and in conduit).

Those are the simple things to think about before calling to order your tray cable. By listing that criteria the wire and cable sales person should be able to fit you with the right type of tray cable for your application. At WesBell Electronics we also cut most of our tray cable to the exact length our customers need. If we have stock on it we'll cut it for you. We also offer FREE SHIPPING on orders over $250 so make sure you buy everything at once to get free shipping on your order.

Please call with any questions you might have.